Wednesday, November 09, 2005

WEIRD HAPPENINGS

We had a phone call at 2 a.m. on Monday night. I answered the phone and the man on the other end had a strong accent. He asked me where he had called. I told him the U.S. I asked him where he was calling from and he told me Kazakhstan. I then asked Where? He said it's by Russia. I said Yes, but where in Kazakhstan. He told me he was calling from Almaty. I became concerned that someone had stolen Brent and Beth's cell phone. I asked him where he had gotten our number and he told me from the directory. He spoke very good english and understood everything that I said. I then hung up because I didn't know what else to do.

On Tuesday, November 8th, I called the bank and our money was deposited back in our account from Almas. This event has bothered me more than him telling me that he couldn't do our adoption. If he hasn't been scamming us none of this makes sense!! It's also a relief because Mark and I always believed that he wouldn't do this to us. It confirmed our belief in our gut instincts about people.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home